Fire
Burning in my soul
My physicality can sense
The pain my mind endures
Twisting, flaming
Out of control
Seething it grips me
Drags me down
I resist. 
Perhaps I am stronger
If only I master the forces 
Yet the fire it mocks
It burns, it scorches
The flames lick across me
I am burned. 
Ashes flicker through the dark
The all-familiar shadows 
Haunting minds and aching
They torture me, they bruise
The corpse within me is confused
Searing pain envelopes me
The fire has pierced my skin
Icy fire scalds my belly
I move my lips to cry
Yet no sound escapes them
For I have lost so much 
And yet the shattered hand
It rises, bleeding from the ash
Straggling feet climb higher
Stringy hairstrands blowing back
I pull my messy self upright
There's mountains left to climb
So scaling them I gird myself
Through icy fire and raging blood
My mouth hangs open
Air cracks and burns my thirst
Tormented by my world
And yet----

I live.

Comments

Popular Posts