Me. Here is me.


Here I am.




I am not what has been done to me; I am only shaped by it.


I am not doomed by my past.


I am not bad.


I am not a victim.


I am worthy.


Worthy of being heard.


Worthy of being seen.


Worthy of being adored.


I am radiant.


I am victorious.


I am strong.


I am a warrior of light.


Of hope.


Of joy.


Of love.



I will forever and always be permanently impacted by the things I have experienced, but I am not bound in servitude to fear or anger or hatred because of what I lived through.


I can look at myself in the mirror and give myself permission to acknowledge the beautiful woman I see looking back at me, regardless of whether I feel I should or not.


I can acknowledge that, while I have been deeply violated, I am not beyond restoration or hope.


I am learning how to be healed.


I am in control of my own choices.





It's okay for me to feel.



It's okay for me to cry.



It's okay for me to have moments of weakness because I'm only human.



It's okay for me to not be okay.



It's okay for me to need to be alone sometimes.



It's okay for me to need to be with other people sometimes.



It's okay for me to reach out to others when I am feeling isolated or scared or sad.



It's okay for me to be good to myself.





I am not selfish.


I am not a "snowflake."


I am not fragile.


I am not "easily triggered."


Those things are said about me and directed towards me, but they are not true.


That is not who I am.






Some days will be harder than others.



Some days will be easier than others.



I may feel all of the feelings on any given day in any amount of time.



And that's okay.



I'm okay.



Me, all of who I am and all that I have been and will be.




Beautiful, wild, authentic, powerful, strong, effervescent, loving, passionate me.




Because I am always [period. exclamation mark] enough.



All of me is enough.



No matter how I feel about myself, good or bad.



I will always be exactly who I need to be if I only let me be myself.



Because today I choose to acknowledge that I am just where I should be.


That I am just what I should be.


That I am just who I should be.




Today I am proclaiming my intentional choice of self-love.



Not selfishness.



Not self-centeredness.



Not egotistical.



Not braggy.



But loving.



Being gentle and caring and uplifting and encouraging to myself.




Because if my friends and loved ones are enough as they are, then so am I.





Forever and always I am truly, sincerely, authentically, all of myself-even-the-ugly-parts, enough.





I am a survivor.




I will carry the marks as long as I live.




But I do not have to lie to myself about who I am.



Because I am not defined by what happened to me.




I am worthy.



I am held.



I am loved.



I am enough.








Comments

Popular Posts