Baring my Heart 

Dear Lord, you have told me to be anxious about nothing, but in everything with prayer and petition, to present my requests to you in exchange for the gift of peace. So because I believe you keep your promises, I boldly approach the throne of grace tonight.

Lord, I'm going to be baptized on Sunday. It's a time of incredible celebration but incredible complication. The spirit world is wrestling with me right now, and I in return can do nothing except run to you.

Make my paths straight. Clear the way for Sunday's celebration. Give me the strength and courage to put on the full armor of God. Grant me grace and peace and dignity and humility please. I sincerely want nothing more than to glorify you in everything that I do.


No matter what and no matter who is there and who is not there, please make it so that my example effects someone, touches someone, influences someone for the better, shows someone a picture of you. I want no credit given to me. You did it all.

God, my human inclinations keep kicking in without my permission and trying to make this about me and it's really 100% about YOU. Please, help me fight my desires to bring attention to myself. This is not really my journey, it's yours. You're just allowing me to play a part in a bigger story.

I'm tormented with guilt and regret and fear, Jesus, and I know those feelings are not from you. In your name I beg that you would take those spirits away, for you have not given us a spirit of fear, but of love and power and a sound mind.



I know it's hard for my family to go through this. They don't see everything the same way I do and quite frankly, I'm feeling especially stressed and anxious because of what I'm doing and how it relates to my family. Lord, please show me how to conduct myself with grace at all times no matter what.


Please, if it would be your will, show them how to be gracious with me too. I'm desperately worried about their reactions, their criticism, their thought processes, their annoyances, and their own personal religious preferences. I really do not want any of those things to get in the way of this.


If it's your will, please clear the road of all that junk. Keep Satan far away from us...Please. He will torment us all mercilessly because of my decision and we are all vulnerable unless we are armed, Lord, so please help us to be fully armed against Apollyon's arrows of fire.



Jesus Christ, you are mine and I am yours. I love you and treasure you so much. As I struggle with my inability to be perfect, help me rely on you for my strength, my life, my love, my all. I adore you. Thank you for your beautiful and incredible sacrifice for me. It was and is so stunning.

Thank you for the work you have done in my life and thank you for surrounding me with loving arms and enthusiastic support. Surround me with your endless love; build my courage with your tremendous strength; soothe my anxieties with your calming peace and presence.

You are my Savior, my King, and my everything forever and ever. I surrender all of me.









Comments

Popular Posts