"Anxiety" 


I am alone. 
The taste of bitterness in my mouth
It coats my lips with oily, rancid fear
My tongue feels like tears
The body is weakened. 
Stale, yet full of heavy sourness
My heart is saddened with the taste
I long for something more, something safe
Arms around me, beneath me. 
Swollen, heavy, small, and shaking
Cloudy potions drip down my throat
Tears have come and gone but still
Their haunting presence stays. 
I am alone. 
The dragon breathes down my neck
Dark magic lays its spell and I--
The victim of the trap, I fall
My arms are empty
How my journey makes me ache. 
Swords with broken, chipping blades
I've carried them so long 
My tears begin to make them rust,
The weapons dulled--and I
An innocent bucolic, a child
Hiding from the wild, I
A dagger must bring forth, it's time
My battle is at hand. 
Lick the blood from your wounds
Inhale the air and lift your aching head
If anything you do, my child---
You must always keep the fight.




Comments

Popular Posts