Took this from my other blog, so don't worry, I didn't steal it. It's my own writing. :) 



Keep me away from the mirrors
For the next twenty years
Maybe then I'll be better
Released from my fetters.
Don't try to please me
But don't you dare leave me
I won't be too broken
My thoughts are unspoken.
Always hearing the sniggers
And hiding from triggers
Can't look at my real face
Seeing nothing but disgrace.
I want you to hold me
But I'm scared you might bolt me
Up in a prison cell
Never going to be well.
I wish it could end now
But then I'd never get a bow
When the stage is cleared
And my pain isn't feared.
Somewhere there's hope
And it's too big in scope
So I can't give up yet
There's still more, I bet.
So thanks for your patience.
I know I'm high maintenance.
You hold me in love.
You're a gift from above.
You mean something lovely,
Though I'm very homely.
He sent you to love me.
And you've truly loved me.

Comments

Popular Posts