A Cord of Three Strands is not easily Broken. 
~Ecclesiastes 

Where there are three there is one. 
I stand in the middle.
Two others on the road
One behind to catch me
One ahead to call me. 
One behind with hair like fire. 
Her spirit fiery light
The sweet tang of fresh fruit. 
The spice of autumn night
She smiles with soft bright
Swears loyalty for life. 
Her voice is sprightly. 
I trust. 
One ahead with tresses like raven
Her soul is royal deep
The blue-black of midnight velvet
Beauty but pain
Strength in sorrow she stands. 
Her voice is warmth in frigid
Bitterness gone, yet once present
Smiling encouraging love
Her hand outstretched she draws me
Along with her steadfast. 
I trust. 
With both I will travel this path for life
Neither is more
Neither is less
Both are gems in the rough
And bring a breath to the airless.
I walk. I trust. I love. 
They walk. They hold. They love. 
I am not alone. 
I am enough. 

Comments

  1. Have you ever read "Hinds' Feet on High Places"? The "two" remind me of Much-Afraid's companions, Sorrow & Suffering. Beauty through pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't, but these "two" are real people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts