WOW It's been FOREVER since I posted, about five months or so, and I miss it! I've been so busy I can't really post much. haha :)

Anyway, recent work: Please comment if you like! It's a poem from a father to his son-in-law about his daughter.... enjoy :)




My Little Girl


She was born on a starlit night
Her eyes were beautiful, alight
The moment I saw her I knew
I'd never give her up for you.

She was dancing that night,
I watched her eyes, alight
The moment I caught her I knew
I'd never let her go for you.

She was crying that night,
Her eyes were full, yet light
The moment I picked her up I knew
I'd never drop my arms for you.

She was singing that night,
I watched, my eyes alight
The moment I heard her voice I knew
I'd never stop my ears for you.

She was quiet that night,
I kissed her out of sight
The moment I heard her sigh I knew
I'd never stop comforting for you.

She put her head on me that night
Her eyes were full, spilling light
I knew when I heard her words
I'd never hold her back from you.

She held my hand that night,
Her eyes sparkled with the light
I knew when I saw her smile
I'd never made a better choice---

Then when I gave her to you.

Comments

Popular Posts