Warrioress 
n. a woman engaged or experienced in warfare; soldier. a person who shows or has shown great vigor, courage, or aggressiveness


My old friend, my bitter archenemy...how shall I call you? 
Perhaps you prefer the anonymity, the bitter secret
Found in the distortion you hide beneath your awful shell.
You are nothing and yet you are everything
Hideous fog, the stench of poisoned breath
Devilish creeping power, your mud squelches me.
Ah, mysterious and dreadful fiend of the darkness, 
You slither through my inmost being like the serpent
In Eden around the tree, taunting Eve from its 
Scaly perch, destroying innocence like a cloud of smoke.
Beneath your yolk of chains I suffer, fighting the squalor
Release your ultimate weapon, O my enemy,
And the missile of Fear, the bomb of Isolation, 
The mushroom cloud of Abandonment surrounds my corpse
Chokes my mind, quenches my fire, drowns my soul beneath the horror 
Breaks my back again, shying away from the 
Toxic lashes of your filthy whip.
Pervasive mist the hue of a dull night in midsummer
Blinds my already darkening eyes 
In the nightmare of the stifling, polluted air I suffocate
You kill me slowly, alone and yet surrounded 
I stretch in vain through the graying marshmallow bubble 
A jail cell could not be worse: sweet and yet hideous
The ultimate trap, seems alluring, desirous 
But inwardly this treacherous captivity is sticky and colorless
Devoid of air, of sound, of sight, of love 
Providing nothing more than a shallow reminder of futility. 
This warrior remains despite your best efforts
Covered in scars, soaked with blood, sweat, and tears
Oozing with grief, anger, hateful resentment at your inhuman cruelty
Yet forcing the smile of grim and unlikely victory 
She steps forward and unsheathes a new sword, yet unbroken 
By the twisted terror of the midnight reign of death you unleashed
And she raises her blood-stained face to the stormy skies
Defiantly she thrusts her blade through the thickening smog
Once more to battle the ever-present enemy 
That vile, repulsive monster named 
Depression.




Comments

Popular Posts