Hey!!! Nickie here!!! Sorry it's been so long! I've been inspired to write this poem because of my delight in watching the sunrise. I've lately become an early-riser and my writing sometimes comes out well at odd hours of the day (late night or early morning :P) So here is my latest. Please give me credit for my own work as usual :)

Sunrise.
Beautiful radiance
Glowing like magical sparkles
The world awakes to the song
Of birds peeking from their wings
And the sky filled with color
Pale flashes of pastel
Streaking the world with paint
Fresh air that fills the lungs
And stings the nose with the chill
Dew on the grass
Tickles bare feet and freezes the toes
It's morning.
Sunbeams shyly looking through the trees
Their branches making way for light
And light blue sky with marshmallow wisps
Of soft white clouds
A timid squirrel tiptoes across the lawn
A tousled child's head, eyes buttoned with sleep
Who emerges from a long winter's nap
To bid good morning to the spring.
Long shadows dancing as the sun comes out
Gray but slowly showing green
Colors come out of hiding
Scents fill the air with perfume
The new day has arrived
Introduced by the beautiful artwork of
Sunrise.

Comments

Popular Posts