Here is a hint from my second novel that shows my writing style. I am greatly influenced by 1. Lois Lowry, and 2. JRR Tolkien. 

Please give me credit and don't copy my work.  This will be out of context entirely but if you would like to read more, please post to the blog and I will see what I can do. :)



~Nickie 



My spare time was spent wandering the woods near my home. Exploring, I called it. More often than not I went to the same places again and again, just to sit alone and think. Fiona sometimes spoke with me, but not often. The woods became my new haven.
            One day I crept out to my newest hiding place, a glade sprinkled with ferns and ivy. Climbing into the tree, I rested my feet on the rocks below it and looked off into the distance, taking in a view of the mountains. They were so beautiful I felt sickening chills in my inner soul, just looking at them. A tear peeked out of my eye and slipped down my cheek. Angrily I brushed it away.
            A rustling in the trees made me look up and pay attention. A brown head poked around the corner. Curious eyes, a fairylike little nose. Lostneth. I fell tumbling out of the perch, frantically kicking my legs in an attempt to get down. Finally I fell to the ground and grunted, masking the pain of falling on my swollen belly.

Comments

Popular Posts